Making Hay Whilst the Sun Shines Department. Tomorrow the boys visit Detroit, where they’ll play the Tigers, three day games in a row. I wonder why three day games in a row? What’s the story there?
Looking for an opportunity?
It looks like the Twins are looking for an intern in their advance scouting department. The seem to expect a lot from their interns:
Analyze and evaluate relevant performance trends and tendencies of upcoming opponents using video, scouting information, data, and advanced metrics to write, compile, and distribute advance scouting reports for the Major League Manager, Major League coaching staff, Front Office, and players prior to each series.
- Analyze and evaluate relevant performance trends and abilities of upcoming opponents using BATS Video software, scouting reports, advanced statistics, and video scouting information.
- Work with Coordinator of Major League Development to combine various forms of data and scouting analysis to create series-by-series advance scouting reports and ensure the coaching staff receives a synthesized report with actionable information.
- Assist players and coaching staff with their game preparation.
- Work with the Director of Major League Video to distribute relevant advance scouting information through various distribution channels.
- Provide Twins coaching staff with post-game analysis and recommendations with respect to alterations in advance reports during the current series.
- Coordinate with club personnel when team is on the road to distribute the advance report packet and relevant video to Twins’ players and staff.
- Work with Baseball Operations and IT to provide feedback for improving advance reporting process and technologies.
- Assist the Baseball Research group in research projects related to advance scouting and Major League strategy.
- Provide Baseball Operations and Scouting Department with player evaluation and research.
- Additional duties as assigned by the CBO, General Manager, Assistant GM, and Director of Baseball Research.
- Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, well organized, detail-oriented and have an ability to act according to the organizational values at all times.
- Previous baseball experience as player, coach, scout, or management preferred.
- Ability to speak and or comprehend Spanish is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of baseball scouting terminology, baseball statistics and sabermetric principles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Familiarity with the following program languages is a plus: R, SQL and other.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex material to individuals with a varying range of background at an appropriate level.
- Advanced knowledge of BATS Video Software or comparable video system.
- Ability to work extensive hours, evenings, and weekends required and must be able and willing to travel when needed.
- I already have a job. I wonder if they are interested in part-timers?
- My Spanish skills son pobre.
- Program Languages: R? Other?
So I guess I’m going to let this one go by.